How can you connect to a VPN service in Windows? VPNs have enchanted a large group of people around the world in recent years.
Mainly due to the number of benefits that they give without ceasing with its correct use. Where you can highlight some such as safe browsing or increased personal privacy.
For this reason, there is no doubt that you can request information regarding VPN access, at any time, to always know more. And one of your doubts may become, how to connect using Windows.
Which has an extremely simple answer to clarify, since you do not require additional installations or downloads? Only from the access data of said VPN provider, which may well be requested from a company in question.
However, depending on the modernity of Windows, the steps are completely different. Since on the one hand, there is the connection of a fastest vpn service, in Windows 7, which has the following procedure:
- First, you should open the Network and Sharing Center.
- Then you must press the button to create a new connection.
- To later connect to a work network.
- And concluding with the due reply of the server information, the type of VPN connection, and the very important credentials.
While for Windows 10, the steps are completely different:
- You should open the options on your PC.
- To then go to the Network and Internet section.
- Later open the VPN service.
- Touch adds the VPN connection button.
- And finally, answer all the questions of the server information, along with the type of VPN as in Windows 7, and the credentials that should not be missing.
What to do if you have Mac or Linux?
But if, on the other hand, you are one of those people who prefer to use the technical support that Mac or Linux presents, your steps are completely different. And that process explained on Windows, is not exactly the solution for your case.
In this sense, for you to connect to a VPN service, on your Mac you only need to know that:
- To start you must enter the system Preferences portal, and click where it says Network.
- Then touch the button for Add, which is located specifically at the bottom of the screen.
- Then you just need to select the VPN.
- And to conclude answer the pertinent information to the server and the authentication settings.
But in the case of Linux, everything is a little different since it should:
- As a first step, press the network icon.
- Then open VPN connections – Configure VPN, and in this way, expose what you want.
- Then you must press add a document.
- And finally, fill in the encryption and credentials information.
For what situations are VPN connections ideal?
In addition to protecting users’ privacy by preventing possible server hacks, VPNs are ideal for thousands of things. For example, the good functionality of many applications or the protection of your location.
Considering that you can disconnect and activate your VPN service at your whim, along with safe browsing between all the pages you wish to visit.
Likewise, majestically avoiding the restrictions of certain platforms, since some pages are blocked by a specific geographical location. And using a good VPN bypasses these situations.